Advanced Restructuring and Turnaround
Advanced Restructuring and Turnaround is an elective subject in ARITA’s Advanced Certification.
This subject covers all operational aspects of restructuring and turnaround, enabling students to develop skills applicable to restructuring assignments both within and outside a formal insolvency appointment.
This subject will not meet the specialist insolvency education requirements to become a registered liquidator or registered trustee. You will need to complete Advanced Insolvency.
The subject is offered in the second half of each year (session 2).
- Fundamentals of Restructuring, Insolvency and Turnaround
- If you’ve completed the Insolvency Education Program (IEP) you will be deemed to have passed Fundamentals of Restructuring, Insolvency and Turnaround. There is no time limit for recognition of prior completion of the IEP if you can show continuing professional development in insolvency, restructuring or turnaround in the intervening period.
- If you’ve obtained ARITA professional membership without completing the IEP, you are deemed to have fulfilled the prerequisites for this subject. Any deemed satisfaction of pre-requisite requirements by ARITA is not binding on UTS in respect of any further studies.
- Identifying a viable candidate
- Assessing the potential for turnaround
- Getting the right management team
- Financing options
- Stakeholder analysis
- Establishing quality information flows
- Developing and implementing the plan
- Refocussing the business
- Process improvement
- Implementing the longer-term business plan
- Case study
- Client advice letter (individual)
- Online case study presentation (individual)
- Turnaround strategy document (small group)
- Online final presentation (small group)
2017: $3,410 (including GST)
You must be an ARITA member to complete the subject. Student membership is $180 (including GST) per calendar year.
You should allow 6-8 hours per week to complete the course requirements. This subject runs for 12 weeks plus a one-week study break.
1 May 2017
Last day to request an invoice for payment
21 June 2017
21 July 2017
31 July 2017
UTS assessment 1: initial client advice letter
23 August 2017
Week of 11 September 2017
UTS assessment 2: online individual case study presentation
20 September 2017
UTS assessment 3: group case study strategy document
3 November 2017
UTS assessment 4: Group case study presentation
Week of 6 November 2017
Enrolment for Session 2 2017 opens 1 May 2017.