Practical Insolvency Awareness
The Practical Insolvency Awareness course is a one-day face-to-face interactive course that provides people that don't work within the insolvency profession with an understanding of the insolvency process.
Not only does this course provide an introduction to the various types of corporate and personal insolvency administrations, it has a strong focus on providing participants with:
- an understanding of the communications that stakeholders in an insolvency process receive,
- what those communications mean and
- what action should be taken as a result.
The Practical Insolvency Awareness course will improve participant's understanding of this complex and specialised field, making it easier for them to deal effectively with insolvency matters that they encounter in their work.
This course is not recommended for professionals working within the insolvency profession. ARITA provides other training opportunities specifically for insolvency professionals, such as the Introduction to Insolvency, Essential Skills and ARITA Advanced Certification.
Upcoming course dates
Aim of the course
Who should attend?
What do students receive?
Would you like to attend this course? Register your interest.
- To provide participants with an overview of:
- corporate insolvency administrations
- personal insolvency administrations
- To explain the different communications that stakeholders may receive in an external administration, including
- the purpose of the communication
- what stakeholders should be looking for
The course is suitable people with an interest in insolvency that don't work as professionals within insolvency.
Those most likely to benefit include:
- para-professionals and support staff within insolvency law and accounting practices
- specialist advisers to insolvency practitioners (for example tax advisers)
- credit managers
- government agencies
- accountants and lawyers who may be assisting clients with insolvency related matters.
Members: $650 (including GST)
Non-members: $700 (including GST)
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided.
- Overview of the types of external administrations
- Court Liquidations
- Voluntary Liquidations
- Matters for all Liquidations
- Provisional Liquidation
- Voluntary administration and Deeds of company arrangement
- Controlling trustee and Personal insolvency agreements
- Debt agreements
- Creditor communications
- Declarations of Independence, Relevant Relationships and Indemnities (DIRRI)
- Other reports
The one day course, which is seven hours, may earn the student 7 CLE/CPD points.
What do students receive?
At the course students will receive:
- a participants' guide with a full copy of the slides referred to during the day so they can take notes
- numerous handouts covering the course content
All Practical Insolvency Awareness courses are conducted by trainers with extensive experience in insolvency.
There is no formal assessment in the Practical Insolvency Awareness course. Students that successfully complete the one day course receive an electronic certificate of attendance.
IMPORTANT: Please see our Cancellation Policy before registering for this course.
For further information contact our Education Team.