Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA)
Posted 6 November 2017
Insolvency Services Officers - Contributions
- Located in Melbourne CBD
- Diverse Role - no two days are the same!
- Professional, dynamic & rewarding work environment
The Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) is an executive agency in the Attorney General’s portfolio. We provide improved and equitable financial outcomes for consumers, business and the community through the application of bankruptcy and personal property securities laws, regulation of personal insolvency practitioners, and trustee services.
About Insolvency and Trustee Services (I&TS)
The I&TS division provides information to debtors on options to deal with unmanageable debt, assesses and registers bankruptcy, debt agreement and personal insolvency agreement applications from debtors and registered court-ordered insolvency administrations. It also issues bankruptcy notices on the application of creditors, and exercises statutory powers of the Official Receiver to obtain information and recover monies on the application of trustees administering insolvent estates.
The Contributions team is part of the I&TS Division, and has the critical role of managing the relationship with the bankrupt and creditors for the duration of a bankruptcy.
As an Insolvency Services Officer, you will work collaboratively as part of a team, achieve operational quality and quantity targets by performing preliminary and routine registrations, investigations and administration of estates. You will:
- Assess and issue applications in accordance with legislation, established operational practices, policies and procedures
- Maintain corporate and legislative records in accordance with established requirements
- Prepare routine correspondence and reports for stakeholders
- Engage with clients regarding routine and preliminary enquiries
- Maintain effective communication with key internal stakeholders
This is a great opportunity to showcase your case management and client services experience. This may be from insurance, social work, community development or any other fields – we are looking for results-focused individuals with diverse experience and backgrounds.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Case Management Experience
- Strong Stakeholder Liaison and Client Services
- Excellent Communication and Influencing Skills
- Ability to apply legislation and think analytically
- Attention to detail, self-motivation and ability to prioritise
You will enjoy excellent conditions including modern work environment, flexibility to balance work and personal life, generous superannuation (15.4%) and a workplace committed to providing an environment that values diversity and supports staff to reach their full potential.
Be part of a leading financial regulatory body and build your lateral thinking abilities and problem solving skills with a career in insolvency!
For more information, download the position profile, and head to www.afsa.gov.au/about-us/careers.
Applications close Sunday 19 November 2017.