ARITA is the key professional body for restructuring, insolvency and turnaround professionals and their staff in Australia and there are many benefits to membership.
Currently, over 83% of all registered insolvency practitioners in Australia are ARITA members.
Leadership and representation
ARITA plays an important role in the co-regulation of the insolvency profession in Australia. We work cooperatively with regulators and consult with our members to ensure that Australia has one of the most effective and efficient insolvency systems in the world.
Our recent submissions to government and regulators on personal and corporate law reform have ranged from directors’ liabilities, anti-money laundering and personal property securities. We also work closely with courts on restructuring and insolvency issues and maintain connections with professional groups in corporate governance, tax and finance. ARITA contributes to the media and its views on current issues are regularly sought.
Continuing professional development
ARITA offers a full calendar of continuous professional development opportunities for all practitioners in restructuring, insolvency and turnaround. These include:
- structured post-graduate education programs
- regular and topical Forums and technical sessions to keep your knowledge current
- annual Divisional and National Conferences including ARITA's dedicated Small-Medium Practice Conference
- Young Professionals technical seminars and socials
- special interest group events, such as specialized law reform training in 2017
- members-only events
ARITA members enjoy discounts on registration rates at most CPD activities and networking opportunities.
ARITA employs a small team of specialists who develop a wide range of technical resources, many of which are available only to members, or can be purchased by members at discounted rates.
These resources include regular industry updates and ARITA publications such as the ARITA Code of Professional Practice, ARITA Member Handbook and the ARITA Journal, all of which are provided free to ARITA members.
The ARITA website is the primary public and member portal on insolvency and restructuring in Australia. The website's 'For Members' section contains a wealth of important information, and access to many of these pages is restricted to ARITA members.
Particular features include:
- Look up a Practitioner - ARITA members and their current status can be searched on ARITA website for the benefit of regulators, the public and other stakeholders.
- Jobs Market - The best place to advertise for new restructuring, insolvency and turnaround staff.
- Service Providers - A quick and easy guide on the services offered to practitioners.
Complimentary Membership of INSOL International
ARITA is related by membership subscription and affiliation to INSOL International. Membership of INSOL is a benefit for Professional, Associate, Life, Academic and Honorary Member categories of ARITA only.
All INSOL members are listed in, and receive a worldwide directory of INSOL members, reduced fees at INSOL conferences as well as the quarterly INSOL World journal and monthly electronic news updates.
Networking and marketing opportunities
ARITA members can promote their company and partner profiles through print and web advertising, speaking at and attending events or contributing articles to the Journal.
Apply to join ARITA