ARITA is the key professional body for insolvency practitioners and their staff in Australia and there are many benefits to membership.
Currently, around 83% of all registered insolvency practitioners in Australia are ARITA members.
Leadership and representation
ARITA plays an important role in the co-regulation of the insolvency profession in Australia. We work co-operatively with regulators and consult with our members to ensure that Australia has one of the most effective and efficient insolvency systems in the world.
Our recent submissions to government and regulators on personal and corporate law reform have ranged from directors’ liabilities, anti-money laundering and personal property securities. We also work closely with courts on insolvency issues and maintain connections with professional groups in corporate governance, tax and finance. ARITA contributes to the media and its views on current issues are regularly sought.
Continuing professional development
ARITA offers a full calendar of professional development opportunities for all insolvency practitioners. These include:
- formal Education Programs
- regular Insolvency Forums
- annual Divisional and National Conferences
- Young Professionals seminars
- special interest group events, such as the INSOL Lenders seminars
ARITA members enjoy up to 20% discount on registration rates at most CPD activities.
Specialist insolvency resources
ARITA employs a small team of insolvency specialists who develop a wide range of technical resources, many of which are available only to members, or can be purchased by members at discounted rates.
These resources include ARITA publications such as; the Code of Professional Practice, ARITA Member Handbook and the Australian Insolvency Journal, all of which are provided free to ARITA members.
The ARITA website is the primary public and member portal on insolvency and restructuring in Australia. The website's 'In Practice' pages contain a wealth of important information, and access to many of these pages is restricted to ARITA members.
Particular features include:
- Look up a Practitioner - ARITA members and their current status can be searched on ARITA website for the benefit of regulators, the public and other stakeholders.
- Find a Firm - Firms with two or more members qualify to advertise on our Find a Firm website section and link through to their own website.
- Jobs Market - The best place to advertise for new insolvency staff.
- Service Providers - A quick and easy guide on the services offered to practitioners.
Complimentary Membership of INSOL International
ARITA is related by membership subscription and affiliation to INSOL International. Membership of INSOL is a benefit for Professional, Associate, Life, Academic and Honorary Member categories of ARITA only.
All INSOL members are listed in, and receive a worldwide directory of INSOL members, reduced fees at INSOL conferences as well as the quarterly INSOL World journal and monthly electronic news updates.
Networking and marketing opportunities
ARITA members can promote their company and partner profiles through print and web advertising, speaking at and attending events or contributing articles to the Australian Insolvency Journal.
Apply to join ARITA