Fundamentals of Restructuring, Insolvency and Turnaround
Fundamentals of Restructuring, Insolvency and Turnaround is the core subject in ARITA’s Advanced Certification.
This subject provides the foundation for restructuring and insolvency professionals by establishing the importance of professional conduct, builds the skills to identify insolvency and establishes a solid understanding of Australia’s formal restructuring tools. A particular focus is on voluntary administrations.
This subject combined with the Advanced Insolvency subject will meet the specialist insolvency education requirements to become a registered liquidator or registered trustee.
This subject is only offered in the first half of each year (session 1).
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, we recommend you have three years’ experience in restructuring, insolvency or turnaround before commencing the course.
You will benefit from completing the Introduction to Insolvency Program (IIP) and Essential Skills courses prior to commencing ARITA Advanced Certification.
- The context of restructuring, turnaround and insolvency in Australia
- Introduction to the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth)
- Professional ethics
- Establishing solvency and insolvency
- Corporate recovery proceedings
- Voluntary administrations and deeds of company arrangement
- Schemes of arrangements
- Workouts and restructuring
- Introduction to cross-border insolvency
- Ethics case study (must pass to pass subject)
- Problem-based assignment
- Individual case study presentation
- Take home exam
There will be self-review (non-assessable) quiz questions posted online though the course.
ARITA workshops (2)
- Submitted written answers
- Participation in workshops
- Marked written answers (if workshop not attended)
You must pass both the UTS component and ARITA workshops to pass the subject.
2020: $3,624.50 (incl. GST)
You must be an ARITA Student to enrol for this subject. Read more about the benefits of Student subscription.
Up to 1 CPD hour for every hour spent on the course
You should allow 10-12 hours per week to complete the course requirements. This subject runs for 12 weeks plus a one-week mid-session break and a one-week study break.
Key dates 2020 and course outline
| Enrolments open
|| 4 November 2019
| Last day to request an invoice for payment *
|| 31 January 2020
| Enrolment closes
|| 28 February 2020
| Subject begins
|| 9 March 2020
| UTS Assessment task 1: Ethics Essay
|| 8 April 2020
| Mid-session break
|| 13-19 April 2020
| ARITA Workshop 1
|| Week of 20 April 2020
| UTS Assessment task 2: Problem question
|| 6 May 2020
| ARITA Workshop 2
|| Week of 25 May 2020
| StuVac (study break)
|| Week of 8 June 2020
| UTS Assessment task 3: Take home exam
|| 15 June 2020
| Subject ends
|| 15 June 2020
* After 31 January 2020 only payments by credit card will be accepted.