Fundamentals of Restructuring, Insolvency and Turnaround is the core subject in ARITA’s Advanced Certification.
This subject provides the foundation for restructuring and insolvency professionals by establishing the importance of professional conduct, builds the skills to identify insolvency and establishes a solid understanding of Australia’s formal restructuring tools. A particular focus is on voluntary administrations.
This subject combined with the Advanced Insolvency subject will meet the specialist insolvency education requirements to become a registered liquidator or registered trustee.
This subject is only offered in the first half of each year (session 1).
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, we recommend you have three years’ experience in restructuring, insolvency or turnaround before commencing the course.
You will benefit from completing the Introduction to Insolvency Program (IIP) and Essential Skills courses prior to commencing ARITA Advanced Certification.
- The context of restructuring, turnaround and insolvency in Australia
- Introduction to the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth)
- Professional ethics
- Establishing solvency and insolvency
- Introduction to corporate recovery proceedings
- Voluntary administrations and deeds of company arrangement
- Small business restructuring
- Workouts and restructuring
- Introduction to cross-border insolvency
- Ethics case study (must pass to pass subject)
- Problem-based assignment
- Take home exam (must pass to pass subject)
There will be self-review (non-assessable) quiz questions posted online though the course.
ARITA workshops (2)
- Submitted written answers
- Participation in workshops
- Marked written answers (if workshop not attended)
You must pass both the UTS component and ARITA workshops to pass the subject.
2021: $3,624.50 (incl. GST)
You must be an ARITA Student to enrol for this subject. If you are based overseas, please contact email@example.com about your subscription. Read more about the Student subscription.
Up to 1 CPE hour for every hour spent on the course
You should allow 10-12 hours per week to complete the course requirements. This subject runs for 12 weeks plus a one-week mid-session break and a one-week study break.
Key dates 2021 and course outline
| Enrolments open
|| 2 November 2020
| Enrolment closes
|| 19 February 2021
| Subject begins
|| 1 March 2021
| UTS Assessment task 1: Ethics Essay
|| 31 March 2021
| Mid-session break
|| 5-9 April 2021
| ARITA Workshop 1
|| Week of 12 April 2021
| UTS Assessment task 2: Problem question
|| 5 May 2021
| ARITA Workshop 2
|| Week of 17 May 2021
| StuVac (study break)
|| Week of 31 May 2021
| UTS Assessment task 3: Take home exam
|| 8 June 2021
| Subject ends
|| 8 June 2021
Enrolments for session 1, 2021 are now open