Fundamentals of Restructuring, Insolvency and Turnaround is the core subject in ARITA’s Advanced Certification.
This subject provides the foundation for restructuring and insolvency professionals by establishing the importance of professional conduct, builds the skills to identify insolvency and establishes a solid understanding of Australia’s formal restructuring tools. A particular focus is on voluntary administrations.
This subject combined with the Advanced Insolvency subject will meet the specialist insolvency education requirements to become a registered liquidator or registered trustee.
This subject is only offered in the first half of each year (semester 1).
- The context of restructuring, turnaround and insolvency in Australia
- Introduction to the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth)
- Professional ethics
- Establishing solvency and insolvency
- Introduction to corporate recovery proceedings
- Voluntary administrations and deeds of company arrangement
- Small business restructuring
- Workouts and restructuring
- Introduction to cross-border insolvency