Essential Skills: Bankruptcy
Trusts, partnerships & deceased estates
Bankruptcies involving trusts, partnerships and deceased estates present additional layers of complexity for trustees.
This course will raise awareness of the ‘quirks’ involved in managing bankruptcies which involve trusts, partnerships and deceased estates.
At the end of this course you will understand:
- How a bankruptcy administration is affected where the bankrupt is or was a trustee of a trust.
- How a bankruptcy administration is affected where the bankrupt is or was a member of a partnership.
- Peculiarities in the administration of deceased estates under Part XI of the Bankruptcy Act.
Who should attend?
- Junior insolvency practitioners who want to build their knowledge of insolvency.
- Senior insolvency practitioners who want to expand or refresh their knowledge of this topic.
- Lawyers who want to understand this area of insolvency.
We recommend you have one year of on-the-job experience in personal insolvency prior to attending this course.
A two-hour presentation covering the theory, plus at least one practical exercise to ensure understanding of the issues.
Members & non-members: $199 (GST incl.)
Up to 2 CPE hours.
Please see our enrolment and cancellation policy
. For further information contact our education team