Essential Skills: Insolvency
Financial data for insolvency appointments
Producing reliable financial data efficiently is an essential skill for insolvency professionals, as they use the information for decision making and reporting, particularly in a trade on situation.
This course equips you with working knowledge of how to prepare key financial data in the context of an insolvency appointment, including income and cash flow forecasts and position and outcome statements.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles of building trade-on forecasts and the fundamentals of sensitivity analysis.
- Recognise best practice disclosure and formatting requirements of receipt and payments accounts.
- Appreciate basic concepts and prepare a trading position statement.
- Highlight the benefits and construct a trading statement.
- Identify key elements and draft an outcome statement.
Who should attend?
- Junior insolvency practitioners who want to build their knowledge of preparing financial data for insolvency appointments.
- Senior insolvency practitioners who want to expand or refresh their knowledge of this topic.
- Lawyers who want to understand this area of insolvency.
We recommend you complete the Introduction to Insolvency Program,
or have one year of on-the-job experience prior to attending this
A two-hour presentation covering the theory, plus at least one practical exercise to ensure understanding of the issues.
Members & non-members: $199 (GST incl.)
Up to 2 CPE hours.
Please see our enrolment and cancellation policy
. For further information contact our education team