Essential Skills: Insolvency
The second part of our Personal Property Security Act (PPSA) training builds on the knowledge gained in PPSA 1.
The types of arrangements now covered by the PPSA will be explained, including retention of title, leases, consignments, bailments and All PAAPs (all present and after-acquired property). You’ll receive the knowledge and guidance you need to manage creditor claims over assets, determine validity of claims and correctly assess the value of claims.
At the end of this course you will understand:
- The different types of ‘secured party’ claims and how they should be assessed and in which order of priority.
- Issues with purchase money security interests (PMSI) claims and the impact of defective registrations.
- Retention of title claims including practical implications from a trading perspective, and how to assess and adjudicate these claims.
- Leased assets including what constitutes a PPS lease, practical implications regarding ongoing lease payments and how to deal with any claims received.
- Consignment arrangements and bailments and the PPSA.
- The impact of PMSI claims on the return available to secured lenders (All PAAP holders).
We recommend you complete the Introduction to Insolvency Program, or have one year of on-the-job experience prior to attending this course.
A two-hour presentation covering the theory, plus at least one practical exercise to ensure understanding of the issues.
Members & non-members: $199 (GST incl.)
Up to 2 CPE hours.
Please see our enrolment and cancellation policy
. For further information contact our education team