Essential Skills: Insolvency
Taking control of a business as part of an insolvency appointment naturally exposes you to risks including physical hazards, financial loss and regulatory non-compliance.
This course will help you achieve a balanced approach to risk management when working on appointments. It provides insight into the key risk areas and provides a framework for identifying and managing risks.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the key risk areas in an appointment, including:
- physical risks and hazards – WHS, public safety and liability, plant and product safety, fire safety, food safety and environmental requirements
- financial loss – asset protection
- regulatory compliance – environmental, licensing, etc.
- Implement a risk management framework to identify, assess, control and review risks.
- Understand when to engage external parties to help identify and manage risks.
- Explain the role of insurance.
- Adopt a risk management mindset and understand the importance of balancing risk in an appointment.
We recommend you complete the Introduction to Insolvency Program, or have one year of on-the-job experience prior to attending this course.
A two-hour presentation covering the theory, plus at least one practical exercise to ensure understanding of the issues.
Members & non-members: $199 (GST incl.)
Up to 2 CPE hours.
Please see our enrolment and cancellation policy
. For further information contact our education team