Essential Skills: Restructuring
Financial restructuring is critical to a successful turnaround, given that firms often enter a crisis due to a lack of cash or inappropriate capital structure.
For the restructuring and turnaround professional, it is essential to understand the financial restructuring options and how they can change at different points in a turnaround. This course will consider pros and cons of different methods of financial restructuring.
You will gain an understanding of the various options that exist for financial restructuring, how these differ in different phases of a turnaround, the different perspectives and interests of potential investors/lenders throughout a turnaround, and the need to integrate a financial restructuring plan within the rest of the organisational turnaround.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recognise the various financial restructuring options that exist.
- Understand how options differ at different phases of a turnaround.
- Appraise the attractiveness of different financial options.
- Understand the perspectives of various current and interested financial stakeholders.
- Integrate a financial restructuring plan into the broader turnaround plan.
Who should attend?
Turnaround executives, insolvency practitioners, financiers, non-executive directors, chief financial officers, legal and governance advisors, private equity investors.
We recommend you have at least one year of on-the-job experience prior to attending this course.
A two-hour presentation covering the theory, plus at least one practical exercise.
Members & non-members: $199 (GST incl.)
Up to 2 CPE hours.
Please see our enrolment and cancellation policy
. For further information contact our education team