WA Division Conference & Dinner
The half-day conference is designed for senior practitioners to stay up to date with developments, as well as sharing industry best practice, followed by networking opportunities at the Gala Dinner with pre-drinks and a three course meal.
Download the program
Speakers and sessions include:
- Resources restructuring panel
Including current and expected trends and forces on the market; equity, debt and capital markets perspective; and informal restructuring trends and experiences.
- Tom Birch, Partner, Cor Cordis
- Alex Deng, Director, Denham Capital
- John Featherby, Investment Advisor, Euroz Hartleys
- Mark Gillgren, Partner, Clifford Chance
- Moderator: David Bryant, Director, McGrathNicol.
- Topical bankruptcy issues
Brief update from the regulator; Trustee liability for capital gains tax on asset realisations during bankruptcy; and practical issues arising from general security interests over a bankrupt’s assets.
- Francois Carles, Carles Solicitors
- Jennifer Low, Principal, Sheridans Chartered Accountants
- Sumudu Senaratne, AFSA Assistant Director Practitioner Supervision, Enforcement & Practitioner Supervision
- Moderator: Dr Jim O'Donovan.
- A study of recent cases highlighting the challenges faced when defining (in)solvency
- James Hewer, Counsel, Hogan Lovells
- Tom Langdon, Barrister, Francis Burt Chambers
- Nirupa Manoharan, Partner, Mills Oakley Lawyers.
- Tourism and hospitality: An industry in review
The Tourism and hospitality Industry is one of the more significant casualties of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our panellists will look at the various issues encountered over the past two years and provide an insight as to how the industry moves forward.
- Carolyn Turnbull, Managing Director, Tourism WA
- Andy Freeman, CEO, Sneakers & Jeans Hospitality Group
- Ryan McGinnity, Director, CBRE Capital Markets
- Jessica Patterson, Legal Practice Director, Jessica Patterson Law and Consultancy
- Moderator: Michelle Shackles, Director, BRI Ferrier.
Date: Thursday, 23 June 2022
Venue: The Westin Perth, Ballroom 1, Level 2, 480 Hay Street, Perth WA 6000
Timings: Registration from 12.45pm; Conference sessions 1.10pm-5.10pm; Followed by the networking dinner from 5.15pm-10.00pm in Ballrooms 2 & 3 on Level 2.
Networking dinner: Book an individual ticket or a table of 10 and invite clients to the popular networking dinner.
Rates to attend
| All prices include GST
| Dinner Ticket
| Conference & Dinner Package
| Dinner Guest Ticket
| Table of 10
| Conference* & Table of 10 Package
*includes 1 Conference Ticket and Table of 10 for dinner
3.5 CPE hours
Business & smart casual
COVID-safe and booking with confidence
We know that the world has changed and there is always going to be uncertainty around events in the age of a pandemic, so here is our approach to making this work:
- The event will be fully COVID-safe and compliant above and beyond any basic government health requirements to do what we reasonably can to protect your health and safety and that of all attendees. That will include appropriate social distancing and other measures.
- COVID cancellation: if the event is cancelled or has to be moved due to COVID issues, we will offer you a full refund.
- If you’re unwell we will offer a cancel-on-the-day refund. It’s in everyone’s interest to ensure anyone who feels unwell stays away from events, so we will offer you a full refund if you are showing any COVID-like symptoms with no questions asked.