Our new expert series has been developed with the mid to senior practitioner in mind.
Insolvency - Session 2 is the last of six half-day seminars. There are two Insolvency Seminars in the Series and you can choose to attend one, or both.
Date: 8 December 2021
Delivery: Online (live sessions delivered via ARITA Learning Centre)
Time: 1.00pm-5.15pm (AEDT)
Cost (inc. GST):
- Member: $198
- Graduate Subscriber: $231
- Student Subscriber: $297
- Non-member: $330
CPE: Up to 3.25 hours
- Unchartered territory: Despite an economy that has largely been in shutdown, insolvencies remain at record lows. Ray White Chief Economist, Nerida Conisbee will discuss the forces at play causing the current state of our economy and what the future dynamics may look like for business as we emerge into a vaccinated and more open world.
Nerida Conisbee, Chief Economist, Ray White in conversation with John Winter, CEO, ARITA
- Dalgaranga gold mine - How a $600k debt could have sunk a $292m mine.
Kate Warwick, Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting and Michael Ryan, Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting
- In the matter of... Latest insolvency cases of note.
Ross McClymont, Partner, Ashurst and Lisa Filippin, Senior Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Be & be seen to be - Independence challenges when work is scarce.
Kim Arnold, Policy & Education Director, ARITA and Scott Guthrie, Partner, Thomson Geer
- Persons unknown - Asset tracing against unknown fraudsters in a time of cyber fraud.
Jamie Norton, Partner, McGrathNicol and Darren Hopkins, Partner, McGrathNicol
- Interactive/Ask ARITA Forum:
The Expert Series program will conclude with a 15 minute “Ask ARITA Forum”. This is your chance to ask ARITA’s CEO and technical specialist team relevant questions out of the day’s sessions. Other conference members are welcome to join in to offer their views. This is an “open mic” session designed, as best as we can in the Zoom world, to recreate the open dialogue of our conferences.
Please see our Events cancellation policy