Big speakers - big issues
ARITA's National Conference is the premier professional development event that brings together the who’s who of Australia’s restructuring, insolvency and turnaround profession.
Taking place at the Sofitel Melbourne on Collins on 9-10 August 2017, the two-day conference program covered a wide range of timely and important topics, with highly relevant keynotes and panel discussions.
View photos from the Conference, Welcome Reception and Dinner on Flickr
Headline speakers included:
- Andrew Fastow, Former CFO, Enron Corporation: Lessons learnt from Enron
- Leading Non-Executive Director Diane Smith-Gander on the role of NEDs in guiding turnarounds and approaching financial distress
- The Hon. Justice Ashley Black, Supreme Court of New South Wales shared his thoughts on developments in insolvency
- Anna Bligh AC, CEO, Australian Bankers' Association on strengthening trust and confidence in banking
- Kate Carnell AO, Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman on the Small Business Loans Inquiry
- Carl Gunther, Partner, KPMG introduced a new default indicator for Australian listed companies
Download the program brochure
Delegates earned 10 CPD points over a full two days of learning.
Our National Conference 2017 venues
Our popular Conference Dinner took place at the waterfront location Peninsula (Shed 14 - Central Pier), Docklands following Day 1 of the Conference, on Wednesday 9 August.
Inspired by London’s Tate Modern Museum, the space featured 9 metre high ceilings, floor to ceiling windows, and the longest chandelier in the Southern Hemisphere.
More than 500 guests enjoyed networking drinks followed by a sit-down three course dinner in the magnificent atmosphere of this iconic harbourside venue, serenaded by Melbourne musician, and former The Voice contestant, Caterina Torres and her band.
Our networking Welcome Reception took place in the stunning Rose Garden at the Garden State Hotel on Flinders St, just around the corner from the conference venue, on Tuesday 8 August.
Delegates were able to catch up with colleagues and meet new industry contacts informally before the conference kicked off, with drinks and canapés served throughout, and live music from acoustic musician Timmy Knowles.
We look forward to seeing you again in August 2018 in Sydney. More details will be released soon.