Our new expert series has been developed with the mid to senior practitioner in mind.
Insolvency - Session 1 is the fourth of six half-day seminars. There are two Insolvency Seminars in the Series and you can choose to attend one, or both.
Date: 11 November 2021
Delivery: Online (live sessions delivered via ARITA Learning Centre)
Time: 12.30pm-5.50pm (AEDT)
Cost (inc. GST):
- Member: $198
- Graduate Subscriber: $231
- Student Subscriber: $297
- Non-member: $330
CPE: Up to 4.25 CPE hours
- Keynote: The changing face of law reform in Australia: Commentary on the ALRC’s 1988 Inquiry into Insolvency, its contribution to the current legal framework and the need for a new review given the passage of over 30 years.
The Hon. Justice S C Derrington, President, Australian Law Reform Commission
- How to minimise litigation risk: Preparing for a successful court appearance.
Jason Geisker, Principal, Maurice Blackburn Lawyers & Head of Claims Funding Australia and Michael Baltins, Senior Associate, Claims Funding Australia
- How to spot a ponzi scheme: What are the skills needed to untangle a scheme like Melissa Caddick’s investment business.
Bruce Gleeson, Firm Principal, Jones Partners
- Navigating environmental liabilities: Unknown environmental issues facing external administrators
Kelly Trenfield, Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting; Stephen Longley, Partner, PwC; and Steve Palmer, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright
- In the matter of… Latest insolvency cases of note
Mike Hayes, Partner, Piper Alderman and Michelle Dean, Partner, Corrs Chambers Westgarth
- Plant and Equipment “State of the Market” update: Insights from the Gordon Brothers & Ritchie Bros. Alliance.
Andrew Cotton, Head of Alliance, Gordon Brothers & Ritchie Bros. Alliance
- Law reform review: Recapping recent insolvency law reform and considering where to from here.
John Winter, CEO, ARITA; Michael Brereton, Director, William Buck & ARITA President; and Scott Butler, Partner, Hall & Wilcox & Chair, Insolvency and Restructuring Committee of the Law Council of Australia
- Interactive/Ask ARITA Forum: The Expert Series program will conclude with a 15 minute “Ask ARITA Forum”. This is your chance to ask ARITA’s CEO and technical specialist team relevant questions out of the day’s sessions. Other conference members are welcome to join in to offer their views. This is an “open mic” session designed, as best as we can in the Zoom world, to recreate the open dialogue of our conferences.
Please see our Events cancellation policy